Our development projects follow clear product requirements and are derived from future market opportunities.
- Product and material development based on market potential
- Inventory and identification of safe raw materials for the development of compounds and products with an optimized life cycle assessment
- Defining application areas, property profiles, and evaluating materials according to their impact on humans and the environment
- Sound decisionmaking on the implementation of product optimization or new development
- The objective is to optimize an existing product by increasing ecoefficiency, i.e. by reducing the negative effects on people and planet
- Particularly harmful substances are removed or reduced during production
- Substances are partially reusable or partially consist of recycled materials
- A product is to be newly and completely developed using the potential of technical, biological, and economic cycles
- The aim is to increase ecoefficiency, i.e. the materials used are biodegradable or can be recovered without loss and without mixture after their use
- High quality products can be created with new recycled materials
The journey from idea to the industry-ready product is often a long one. Therefore, we have two development approaches: On the one hand, we optimize existing, well-established products already on the market; on the other hand, we develop completely new prod-ucts to realize future market potentials. Both approaches have very different challenges. The basis, however, of both approaches is to always performing a detailed material and product analysis so that we can make the right decisions together with our clients.
For us, the laboratory, pilot, and industrialization phases form a coherent, integrated process. We anticipate the needs and chal-lenges of each downstream phase. In practice, this means we have already taken into account the characteristics of an industry-ready product at the laboratory phase to minimize development risk.
Sustainability as driver for competitiveness and innovation: sus-tainability and growth are no paradox. Our customers can revamp product life cycles and increase the market value of their products.
New business opportunities: material choice during product design improves recyclability and the use of recycled materials.
Recyclability enables new business opportunities.
Sustainability is a necessity: our material health check, product optimization or new product development helps to reduce the neg-ative ecological impact and to increase eco-effectiveness through material recovery or biodegradation.
Implementation of new, closed-loop business models: companies can recover used materials and become less dependent on volatile commodity markets. They can proactively satisfy new regulations and policies.
We are an independent research and development firm and pro-vide quality and innovation leadership.